Dear AUNE Students:
Fall Semester is right around the corner!!
Whether you are;
- a new or returning student;
- in an online, low- residency or face-to face program;
- moving to the Keene area, or only occasionally visiting campus;
WELCOME to fall 2021!
While we know you have all been regularly communicating with your academic departments there is some general information all members of the AUNE community, regardless of their academic program affiliation need to have. In this time of cautious campus reopening as we contend with the COVID realities in our region it is important to share as much information about how we are managing our community as possible. In this email you will find:
- Campus Operating Procedures and Expectations for Participation – for folks attending the campus for classes or residencies this semester. All procedures go into effect on Monday, August 23rd until December 2021 semester break;
Since our last Campus update (July 9th) Antioch University has required COVID vaccines be verified unless an exemption has been filed, and wearing of masks is required for ALL members of our community while in any AU facilities.
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID in our community, traveling to campus, and how current health regulations inform AUNE practices,
- Vaccine verification – you must submit a copy of your vaccine verification card by completing this form AUNE Vaccination Submission Form or email the signed exemption form to [email protected] prior to your first day on campus, and
- Community Health Pledge – reading all docs as indicated on this document and signing this statement form is a requirement of all members of the AUNE community, faculty staff, students, visitors who come on campus.
If you are in any academic program that has a residency on any Antioch University facility please be advised that Antioch is requiring proof of vaccination against COVID or you must file an exemption as directed. And, at all indoor activities masks, properly worn, are required.
Campus Operating Hours
The campus building will be opened any day of the week when we have classes and residencies in session. The building will open 30 minutes before class starts, and close 30 minutes after the last class of the day ends. On days when classes are not in session the building hours are 8:00- 5:00pm, Monday- Friday, and the weekend operating schedule will be driven by the class schedule. Currently, there are classes and residencies planned for most weekends until early December. Weekend hours for the Library and other academic support services will be determined by student usage and request. Since we are in New England it is important to mention that if there is inclement weather later in the semester this may impact opening hours; you’ll hear more about that in a few months!
Where can you find information about any changes or general information about the campus and activities either in person or virtual?
While the Antioch University webpage has information relevant for the entire university, we also rely heavily on AU Direct, which you see on your student dashboard. Look under the SPACES tab on the left hand side and click it to open. If you bookmark AUNE. you always arrive at the AUNE Welcome page with tabs for COVID procedures, and General News & Events. The documents we have referenced here can be found on the AUNE Spaces under COVID Campus Procedures tab. Please let us know if there is more information you would like to see posted under AUNE Spaces.
On behalf of the Provost’s Office and the AUNE Reopening Task Force, we look forward to meeting you- virtually or in person- in the coming weeks.
Members of AUNE-RTF:
Peter Palmiotto, Vince Pignatiello, Susan Dreyer Leon, Lucy Byno, Carol Renzleman, Carolyn Woods, Liz White, Anthony Malloy, Michael Spitze, Abagail Jones, Kevin Lyness, Catherine Peterson, Linda Drake Gobbo, & Cheryl Lower
Linda, Cheryl & Shawn
Antioch University New England