Dear University Community:
I am reaching out on this Friday afternoon to assure you that Antioch University leadership is closely monitoring the situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We know this is an evolving situation and wanted to provide you with this update.
Currently, there are no confirmed cases of the Coronavirus on any of our campuses and the risk remains low. However, transmission of the virus nationally and globally is concerning to say the least, and we are prepared for what we know is an evolving situation. At this time, please know that we have no plans to close any of the campuses or modify program schedules.
As always, please continue to practice general flu prevention measures, including these suggestions from the Center for Disease Control (CDC):
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve
- Wash your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Get your flu shot – it’s never too late
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick. Call your health care provider and let them know your symptoms and travel history
For additional resources, please review the following links:
- About Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- American Public Health Association
- US Department of State Travel Advisories
- World Health Organization
We will continue to communicate with you about our ongoing efforts regarding the safety and security of our University community.
William R. Groves, J.D.