During the month of April, Antioch University Midwest (AUM), in partnership with Sunlight Village, Inc., promotes Minority Health month with panel discussions titled Can We Talk? Two sessions will be held with the first covering Community Mental Health and the second discussing High Risk Pregnancy & Breastfeeding.
April 13, 2017: Can We Talk? – Community Mental Health 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Educate on the effects of depression, stress and trauma on individual health and well-being
- Provide awareness and knowledge of community resources that are available for those seeking mental health services.
- Discuss the importance of seeking help for mental health challenges
April 18, 2017: Can We Talk? – High Risk Pregnancy & Breastfeeding 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Educate members of the African-American community and their families, along with the broader community, on the healthcare needs of expecting mothers and how to improve pregnancy outcomes.
- Educate expecting and new mothers and families on the benefits of breastfeeding.
- Provide awareness and education on the role of community “Doulas”.
The two events are free and open to the public. Both will be held at the Marketplace Movement Church, 3300 W. Third St, Dayton, Ohio 45417. Refreshments will be provided by Buckeye Health Plan and the events are funded by the Ohio Commission on Minority Health. For more information regarding the events, or to RSVP, call (937) 640-1679.
About Antioch University Midwest: Antioch University is a bold and enduring source of innovation in higher education serving adult students around the world and across the country, online and from its five campuses in four states in addition to its University-wide international and doctoral programs. The University lives by its mission every day helping students realize their potential and succeed in their educational goals through an innovative learning environment that is rigorous and responsive to their needs. Antioch University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Press Contact: Michael Metcalf, Marketing Director, Antioch University Midwest, (937) 769-1817, or email: [email protected]